06/02/12

Mono Chrome World #2 Portrait

When I'm making Monochrome or gray scale pictures, I think most of the general tips on how to compose or frame a good shot apply just as well to mono chrome photography as they do when I'm shooting in colour.- however the main obvious difference is that I'm unable to use colour to lead the eye into or around my shot. This means I need to train myself to look at shapes, tones and textures in my frame as points of interest. Pay particularly to shadows and highlights it's also important. 

In this photos, I want to try to express the people's expression

(A) children smile
-in Liukang Loe Island near Tanjung Bira South Sulawesi
In this photo, I use the gray scale photographs to catch the emotion. This little girl's smile is so priceless. Actually there are bunch of children there and posing when I came approach. This girl never smile just stay still out of the crowd. this little girls only gave me her beautiful smile only for this picture. I'm so happy taking this picture, more than every luxury thing in this world

Grand Mother selling in the market
 


This granny was so perfect to be an object in the picture. This monochrome photographs even give more dramatically impression. She's so skinny and selling the areca nut (by:google translate) we called here 'Pinang'. Like to estimate the old of the trees, I tried to estimate her age by her wrinkle in my opinion she's 100 years old perhaps. However, she is strong enough to be independent selling stuff in the market. Different with the granny in big cities who suffering many kind of disease.

Dance of Sorrow 
This photo was taken in Funeral ceremony in Tana Toraja, South Sulawesi. This grand father was dancing Ma'badong or sorrow dance. This dance performed in the morning in front of the relatives who came to the funeral also to welcome the guest. This dance performed by number of male adult or senior. This dance also can be symbolize intimacy between relatives. All the member hold hand in circle and humming or saying certain poem.


mum and me
This photo was taken in Nenggala Village in Toraja. This mum and her daughter wanted to wave goodbye for me after I  was staying for a night in their traditional house called Tongkonan. I make the photo brighter to emphasize their interaction and their kindness, yes, they are like an angle for me.

buffalo and the keeper
In Toraja funeral ceremony, The relative come and bring the animal from the farm, buffalo or Pig. It will be sacrificed for the sake of the ceremony.




4 komentar:

  1. magnificent submit, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don't notice this. You should proceed your writing. I'm confident, you've a great readers' base already!
    SheetWorld Fitted Oval Crib Sheet (Stokke Sleepi) - Pastel Pink Polka Dots Woven - Made In USA

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thank you for your comment, I hope I could write better and better...

      Hapus
  2. You could certainly see your skills in the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.
    Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thank you for your comment, you patronize me to do better.

      Hapus