09/11/11

Dieng, Abode of the Gods...

Land above the sky
Dieng pleteau located in Central Java, the nearest station is Wonosobo, with the height 2093 above the sea level. The weather is so cold. The fog come down at 10 am. At night i couldn't sleep even i put on jackets, blankets, 2 socks it's not enough. But that small obstacle won't let you down because what you see is the magnificent scenery with the caldera, active volcano some are still dangerous producing poisonous smoke, and this is the best part and I want it so bad that is the golden sun rise.  I don't care about the freezing weather that i had to wake up so early and climb up to the top of the hill to see the golden sun rise.


Welcoming Sign to Dieng Plateau, same as you have to take a picture with petronas in Malaysia, Eiffel in Paris, or Merlion in Singapore, you have to take a picture with the welcome gate to Dieng Plateau... 

I arrived at Dieng at 10 am. I still have time to explore Dieng and take half day tour to see Hindus Temple, Sikidang Crater, and Green Lake. 

The Hindus Temple Complex 
The beautiful scenery, I love the Sky so clear makes me want to swim on it 
Sikidang Crater, still active but not producing poision... I'm alive
Play in the plantation, I found vegetation that only grow in the highland it's rare and unique
Green Lake, I love the scenery behind like a backdrop and I love the reflection


Then, Let's call it a day, it's time to save our energy for tomorrow catch the sun rise...




This is the place where I stay in Dieng, it's recommended by Lonely Planet 
on the next day, I wake up at 5 then start my journey to catch the sunrise...


The local guide from Dieng took me to the place where I can see sun rise so beautiful here is the picture I took when I saw the sunrise. From the moment I can't breath it's just so marvelous. The Golden colour so perfectly blend with the dawn also I can see the cloud cover the ground like a blanket that give you warm when you are sleeping also I can see the border of the sea from the far. It's unbelievable moment of truth. 








After the moment of sun rise over, it's just took a few minute when the sun comes up. Then we have another heavy journey to see the Sikarim Waterfall. Some of my friends who have been visited the site said that it's not so that worth it compare to the effort to reach the waterfall. But, we just went down there anyway, ignore what they were saying... 

First, They were right the path we have to choose was killing so long and steep and far far far away... I even laid in the middle of the road because my leg like want to explode... 




Felt so tired then i laid in the middle of the road
I still can smile for another picture tough :D


Second, They were wrong the waterfall was so awesome. I called it Paradiso... It's so worth it with your effort.





Before you came back home, you can have a little rest in the open air hot spring water and it's free located in the forest. it feel so comfortable to put your leg after climb up to the hill to see the sun rise and down to waterfall on the way  back from waterfall. 


Dieng, I love your magic spelling that made me feel like I'm an angel an play in Heaven....  


2 komentar: